November 13th & 14th 2020 – Metro Vancouver, Canada
For 2020, Howloween is a VIRTUAL EVENT! We do not have an in person attendee event and our virtual space will be on Discord!
What is Howloween?
Howloween is an annual event that invades the hallows of the Metro Vancouver area every Halloween time, catering to furries and friends who appreciate a great time with a spooky twist! The event started as a Halloween party in a basement over a decade ago and has been hosted by multiple venues(and hosts), but with one common thread: A Frightfully Furry Party!
Much more than just a party and often called a mini furry convention, Howloween features a full day or more of spooky furry fun, including a dance hosted by talented DJs, fursuit games, events, art games, game shows, lots of hangout space, and general spooky fun. Many have called Howloween their first furry event and people of all ages, interests, and backgrounds are welcome. Any kind of public-friendly costumes are encouraged, but street clothes are perfectly fine, too. The only requirement is an open mind and a desire for a good time!
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST make a new account if you haven’t already. Your log in to other conventions that run Convention Master will NOT work as they all have their own separate credentials. Trying to log in too many times will result in a temporary IP block. Try again later! If you have continuous issues, please contact Registration
We planned to lose money this year regardless of what happened, due to Covid-19, so the event is free, however if you want to help support the event, there are paid tiers, some with swag!
Swag will be mailed AFTER the event!
Infected (Regular Reg) $0
Will-o’-the-wisp (Donation, No Swag) $10
General Entry and good feels for supporting the event
Spirit (Reg & Swag) $30
Mailed Physical Badge
*Registration accepts Paypal/Credit Card
*Higher tiers with more swag may become available!
Under 16? Please be aware that this years event is held on Discord and they have rules on how old you must be to join, based on your country. Please make sure you are in compliance! Minors are also required to be registered in our registration system with proper parental contacts on the account.
(Art by KingKitsune)
Where is Howloween?
Please note: There is NO in-person attendee event this year and no attendee hotel block!
Howloween is virtual this year! Please join us over on Discord for activities, streams, events and more!
You will need to read the rules (once joined) and react to a post to get access to the server.
During the event we will have categories for the Artist Alley, Panels/Events, etc!
Stay tuned for information on how to access our Livestreamed events!
Howloween is run entirely by volunteers and we’re always on the lookout for folks interested in helping.
Please note that while most jobs are remote this year, we ARE streaming directly from our hotel space since we’ve got the space anyways. This means that some jobs will be in-person but they are limited. We will be adhering to strict limitations on how many will be present, physical distancing, sanitation, etc., to keep the space safe. The hotel also has strict measures in place as well. So please be aware of this!Staff Application
Moderators (Remote): We’re looking for folks willing to help us moderate our Virtual Event Space (Discord) which could include upholding rules, assigning roles, etc.
Rangers Team (In-Person): While we are a virtual event this year, very limited staff are going to be producing much of the event from our usual Hotel. We need a handful of Rangers to help us enforce physical distancing, hygene and ensuring that we don’t have unwanted guests in our space with limited in-person allowance.
Gaming Lead (Remote): We’re looking for someone to host/organize digital game events or tournaments during the event.
Programming Lead (Remote): Like spreadsheets and organizing time slots? We need someone who can take incoming panel/event submissions, approve/deny them, update the panelists with needed information AND put together a schedule
Streaming Team (Remote): We’re looking for folks to help us create a great stream of events! Good internet and computer rig required.
Applications close Oct 31st, 11:59pm.
Banners/final confirmations will be due Nov 6th, 11:59pm
- PRICE: FREE this year! Times are tough and we want you to make sales, not worry about table fees.
- You must be present in our Discord server! You will have a channel there that you can post your sales and/or interact with attendees.
- 10 vendor spots and will be event long spots instead of daily as with previous (in-person) years.
- Vendors will have a listing on our website and discord with a banner and link to an external site where they will have their offerings (Etsy, Shopify, A general commission info page, etc.)
- All content must be legal and artwork that will be displayed on the site and on our Discord must be SFW.
- Vendors may sell NSFW content, however posting this content directly in our Event Space(s) will not be allowed. (Within the Discord: linking to pages with NSFW content is permitted as long as: the preview is removed, there is a content warning with the link AND the linked site requires a log in/has an age block to view it. This is non-negotiable.)
- We will be focusing primarily on vendors that reside in Canada but those living outside of Canada are welcome to apply!
What you will need to apply:
- You will need to Register for the event
- This requires your legal name and contact information
- Your Business name
- Your discord username (ex: name#1234) so you can get the correct role(s)
- A quick description of what you are selling
- Your primary currency
- A link to your store or page where folks can buy from you or contact you
We will also need to know:
- If you want your Discord channel to be only for you to post in, or if you want to be able to chat/interact with attendees in your channel.
- Whether you’d like to take part in our multi artist livestream setup on Picarto (streamed content must be SFW.)
- We will need a listing banner image from you, 944x300px at 300DPI ASAP! This goes up on the site, the discord and will be cycled into our live streams during event breaks.
Panel/event submissions are open!Apply Now
Schedule Coming Soon (and subject to change)
DJ Applications are now closed!
Code of Conduct
Subject to change!
All attendees must adhere to these rules! The Howloween Event is a private function being held in a public hotel and all guests are expected to uphold a certain level of respect and courtesy in order to maintain their access to the event space. Event space access (including our Virtual Space) is a privilege, not a right. We ask that you do only things that others would find acceptable in any public setting. Use your common sense!
At the event holders’ discretion, guests may be denied entry to the event space with no chance of refund of event contributions for any failure to abide by the following requirements, as well as any additional requirements determined at the event holders’ discretion:
- You are subject to our AUP when registering
- Our Virtual Space(s) have rules and Terms and you must abide by them while in the space. They are in #rules-n-faq in our Discord.
- Please note that Discord has age limitations for those using the service. Please make sure you are in compliance!
- Unless you are an approved vendor in our Artist Alley, there is no selling or sharing sales posts in our Event Space(s).
- No illegal content/substances are permitted in our Event Space(s).
- Costumes and clothing must be acceptable for public viewing and should not be overly revealing or suggestive in nature, at the event holders’ discretion.
- Minors are not allowed to share costume photo’s in our Virtual space for safety reasons.
- Be considerate! Inappropriate conduct towards attendees, hotel guests or staff will result in immediate expulsion and possible ban from future events.
- Any rude, obscene, discriminatory, or sexual behaviour in the event space(s) or public hotel areas will not be tolerated.
- No outside alcohol is permitted in the event space.
- Alcohol is only to be consumed by those guests 19 years of age or older. Purchase of alcohol for underage guests is not permitted and is grounds for immediate expulsion from the event with NO exceptions.
- All hotel conduct requirements must be followed by all guests in that space, including any in conflict with the requirements listed here. Any actions taken by the hotel in response to a breach of hotel conduct will be supported by event staff and reflected by the event.
- Room parties are not permitted AT ALL, for 2020.
- We hope you will join the fun in our virtual space!
- USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!