November 2nd & 3rd 2018 – Metro Vancouver, Canada
What is Howloween?
Howloween is an annual event that invades the hallows of the Metro Vancouver area every Halloween time, catering to furries and friends who appreciate a great time with a spooky twist! The event started as a Halloween party in a basement over a decade ago and has been hosted by multiple venues(and hosts), but with one common thread: A Frightfully Furry Party!
Much more than just a party and often called a mini furry convention, Howloween features a full day or more of spooky furry fun, including a dance hosted by talented DJs, fursuit games, events, art games, game shows, lots of hangout space, and general spooky fun. Many have called Howloween their first furry event and people of all ages, interests, and backgrounds are welcome. Any kind of public-friendly costumes are encouraged, but street clothes are perfectly fine, too. The only requirement is an open mind and a desire for a good time!
Check out our Telegram Group and get our 15th anniversary Howloween Theme for the app in the pinned message!
All prices are CASH ONLY and AT THE DOOR.
Event Registration: $25
Event T-shirt: $25
Event Keychains: $6 / 3 for $15
Event Posters (11×17″): $8 / 2 for $15
Event Hats: Snapback $30 / Flex Fit $35
New items coming soon!
We are looking into registration upgrades for 2018. Stay tuned to our social media for announcements!
Where is Howloween?
Executive Hotel and Conference Center
4201 Lougheed Hwy.
Burnaby, B.C. V5C 3Y6
Please do not book through other websites/agencies. You will compromise Howloween’s ability to continue as an event if you book outside of our room block. Please view instructions below!
Room block is open until 11:59 PM PST Oct 1st!
Please Note: Same as last year, room types are NOT guaranteed however all rooms will have 2 beds (1 may be a pull out.)
Room Rates & Details
- $140/night – Up to quad(4) occupancy
- Valid if you book Nov 2nd-4th. Booking outside those days may affect your price.
- Hotel guests get free parking for 1 car. Extra cars or non-hotel guests will be $15 a day.
- All rooms comes with a mini fridge, flat screen tv and wifi.
- You can cancel up to 48 hours before your reservation if need be.
How to Book:
- Make your reservation through firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call toll free at (1)800-590-3932
- MAKE SURE to use booking ID: 26012 or you will not get the event rates
- You will be required to give a credit card number for your booking! If this is an issue, please contact Hotel@Howloween.ca
Having issues reserving? Please email Hotel@Howloween.ca
Please do not book through other websites/agencies. You will compromise Howloween’s ability to continue as an event if you book outside of our room block. Please view instructions above!
Parking is free for ONE VEHICLE, for those with hotel rooms.
Non-hotel guest/extra vehicles:
$2.25 per hour (min 2 hours)
$8 for the daytime (6am-6pm)
$7 for the evening (6pm-6am)
$15 for 24 hours.
Purchase it from the front desk (Do not use the machines!)
Please take note of the signs in the front parking, as some of the parking is reserved for the nearby establishments and you may get towed. There is also some paid street parking on the streets behind the hotel.
Nearby Non-Convention Parking
*The convention nor the hotel is responsible for this parking lot, it’s information(or changes to it) or anything else and is only posted as a courtesy. Please check out WestPark‘s site for all info, how to pay, etc.
24 hours per day, 7 days per week
Pay-By-Phone Monthly, Daily, Hourly, Evening
1 Hour C$2.75 / 24 Hours C$16.00
Daytime C$12.75 (6am to 6pm)
Evening C$3.00 (In after 6pm Out by 6am)
Evening C$5.00 (In after 6pm Out by 8am)
Our hotel has a great restaurant in the lobby, Acqua, that includes a pub that serves mixed drinks and beer that you can take anywhere inside the hotel, including convention space!
Open Daily: Sunday – Tuesday 11 am to 12 am / Wednesday – Sunday 11 am to 1 am
Happy Hour: 3 pm to 6 pm & 9 pm to close.
Along with the usual 2 rooms (Registration/hangout and the Theater) we now have two smaller event spaces this year as well! Stay tuned for updates on what each room will be for!
Registration: Part of a team working to register attendees for the event and sell event merchandise.
Security: A team that ensures that those entering event space are officially registered guests.
Logistics: Our load-in and load-out team, responsible for bringing all the gear to and from the event.
IT: Tech-savvy folks who can help setup equipment and other event infrastructure.
General Volunteers: Those who aren’t sure what they want to do or are happy to help with whatever our needs are at the time.
Dances & DJ’s
Code of Conduct
Subject to change
All attendees must adhere to these rules! The Howloween Event is a private function being held in a public hotel and all guests are expected to uphold a certain level of respect and courtesy in order to maintain their access to the event space. Event space access is a privilege, not a right. We ask that you do only things that others would find acceptable in any public setting. Use your common sense!
At the event holders’ discretion, guests may be denied entry to the event space with no chance of refund of event contributions for any failure to abide by the following requirements, as well as any additional requirements determined at the event holders’ discretion:
- Are you wearing makeup/body paint/etc? Please be careful when interacting with your surroundings, including other costumers and fursuiters! Makeup and paint can stain other costumes, walls, tables/tablecloths, etc!
- Unless you have purchased a table in our Artist Alley, There is NO exchanging of money or selling of -any- products in event space whatsoever!
- No illegal substances of any kind are permitted in the event space or hotel proximity.
- Costumes and clothing must be acceptable for public viewing and should not be overly revealing or suggestive in nature, at the event holders’ discretion.
- Be considerate! Inappropriate conduct towards attendees, hotel guests or staff will result in immediate expulsion and possible ban from future events.
- Any rude, obscene, discriminatory, or sexual behaviour in the event space or public hotel areas will not be tolerated.
- No outside alcohol is permitted in the event space.
- Alcohol is only to be consumed by those guests 19 years of age or older. Purchase of alcohol for underage guests is not permitted and is grounds for immediate expulsion from the event with NO exceptions.
- All hotel conduct requirements must be followed by all guests, including any in conflict with the requirements listed here. Any actions taken by the hotel in response to a breach of hotel conduct will be supported by event staff and reflected by the event.
- Room parties are not permitted unless coordinated with the event holders and/or hotel staff.
- USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!
Howloween is run entirely by volunteers. We are always looking for more helping hands for the event. Whether it be for the Art Team, Badge checkers, Registration, Load-in/Load-out, etc. If you are interested please fill out the following: